Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Happy birthday to me

June 10th is my favorite day of every year because its my birthday and  I surely deserve to wish myself. So happy birthday to me. Life so far has been good. Of all the years I lived experienced, I had a terrific time with good and bad learning experiences. Thanks to the people who walked in my inner and outer space and made an impact on me. You guys taught me what life is. And I really feel good when people in my inner circle wish me and are with me. And may be sometimes birthday decides the position of the people, inner,outer or border. For this reason, I wait for my birthday. I have never understood why do people celebrate birthday? Is it just to make them feel special that day? So the person wants to feel special only for a day? We celebrate the birthdays of martyrs, and famous people every year because they were nobler and did many things for the development of mankind in anyway.So some people ask, what good and noble have you done for which your birthday has to be celebrated. I remember on my 17th or 18th birthday someone close telling me that. Few friends of mine, feel very sentimental on their birthday, they behave so good, they wake up early even after a birthday bash last night, go to temple, wear new dress and give a grand party that day. Isn't birthday just another day? Many of them update their status of fb ( even I did) and all the people wish them. So do they want wishes from all  or wishes from people in their inner circle? Out of  600 odd friends, only 100 wished me, see I am keeping track of status too. Few of my friends feel bad when some of their friends don't wish them. So does that mean that people ( including me) seek attention? So why do we expect in the first place and when we don't get it, we feel bad? 

I think receiving gifts, may be  for free makes people happy and the birthday goes merrier if close friends of us wish us and organize some special events on the day. So ultimately it has to do with our tranquility, with our close pals and being self sufficient with good food,wine (may be) and laughs around. So, it all comes down to the Epicureans postulates, good friends,self sufficiency and freedom for the happiness of a person. I appreciate the Greek philosophers for their postulates and ideas which they generalized many many years ago, which they still hold true. What if we eat,live together,with the people whom we like ? If We appreciate their daily deeds, talk about their day? that means every day would be like a special day. everyday would be like a birthday!!!

This year it was a good birthday being in a foreign land. I had friends from India, US and Italy who wished me. I was thinking, of the time, when they would be calling me. Born in India, my birthday should be celebrated according to IST. I was bit gloomy the whole day, because I would like to be with people whom I like. All the time and on my birthday too. I received few wishes on fb, personal birthday wishes, calls and few of my friends wished me directly.My friend Sumeera sent me many greeting cards. I thank her for sending me wishes. My best friend Alekhya and her family wished me according to Indian and Italian time. Wishes from my parents is always good. Few of my friends waited for the zero hour in different time zones. Thanks to them. I really really thank you for showering me with wishes. My friends Prince, Juan and Pedro organized a small treat. It was a home made pizza and it was the most delicious pizza I ever had. It was the output of good ingredients, love, friendship. they all being Christians, prayed before the meal for my prosperity. I really thank them. we spent nearly 4 hours together, talking, eating and laughing. Epicurus you were always true about happiness!! Finally the happy time with my friends was boosted from my friend Aditya and Ramya. They wished me with good funny music wishes, and she sketched me my picture with a small poem

Wishing you the top of life without a single tumble.
Wishing you the smiles of life and not a single grumble.
Wishing you the best of life and not a claw about it.
Wishing you the joy in life and not a day without it.

I thank you  very very much for wishing me and making it a memorable 10th June. I think this year I have many people in my inner circle. 

Amazing pizza prepared by my friends



my sketch drawn by my friend 


28 comments:

  1. Wish you a belated Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Belated Birthday wishes :) may all your dreams come true...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Be happy all the days of the year! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday Niranjan. God bless you. The pizza looks amazing. I hope you had a great time even though you are away from home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you Madhu. the pizza was really amazing.

      Delete
  5. Belated happy birth day my friend. Pizza looks amazing - when you are in Rome do as the Romans do :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haaa.. yes when in rome do as the romans.. thank you for the wishes.

      Delete
  6. Belated Happy Birthday !! Yes, you are right people tend to behave nicer when its their birthday .. this is what we have been taught from our school days !! haha .. But it depends on person to person, some like the attention and some simply like to be their-self ! its always good when people take that extra bit to wish you and surprise you with gifts and bounties ! feels soo blessed, doesnt it !! Thanks for sharing the post and including us in your personal space !! Was worth the read !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you aziz. everyone has their philosophy of life, they know best what they need. thanks for reading and wishing me.

      Delete
  7. Many many happy returns of the day first of all. Birthday is quite special for family members actually, because it is the day when we joined our families. One should be celebrating it or not is a matter for debate but my personal opinion is that people do it as they need an excuse for celebration, its just like Valentine's day , Fathers day , Mothers Day etc. Celebration can be done any day, every day is special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Majaal. yes I agree with you. every day should be a Valentine's day, father's day or mother's day and hence every day is special.

      Delete
  8. Happy belated birthday ! Mine was on the 5th :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you very much and belated wishes to you too...

      Delete
  9. Belated Happy Birthday.. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hope you have had a wonderful birthday Niranjan :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Belated Happy birthday... God bless

    ReplyDelete